Kathmandu – U.S. President Donald Trump has confirmed that the United States carried out airstrikes on three Iranian nuclear sites — Fordow, Natanz, and Isfahan — declaring the operation a success. In a post on his social media platform Truth Social on Sunday morning, Trump wrote, “We have successfully struck three Iranian nuclear sites – Fordow, Natanz, and Isfahan. All aircraft are now outside Iranian airspace.”
Trump further added, “All bombs have been dropped on Fordow, and all aircraft are returning safely. Congratulations to our great American warriors. There is no other military in the world that could have done this. Now is the time for peace.”
However, Iran has strongly condemned the strikes, calling them a “blatant violation of the United Nations Charter.” Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi posted on social media platform X, accusing the U.S. of violating international law, the UN Charter, and the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) by attacking what he claimed were peaceful nuclear facilities.
“These actions are brutal and will have long-term consequences,” Araghchi warned. “Every member of the United Nations should be alarmed by this dangerous, lawless, and criminal behavior.” He also asserted that Iran reserves “all options to defend its sovereignty, interests, and people under the UN Charter.”
Following the airstrikes, Trump delivered a national address, reiterating the objectives and success of the mission. “These names — Fordow, Natanz, Isfahan — have long been associated with destructive potential. Tonight, we can say the attacks were brilliant and successful. Now, we must seek peace. But if not, future operations will be larger and easier,” he declared.
Trump extended his gratitude to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the Israeli military, noting that many other targets remain under consideration. Netanyahu echoed Trump’s sentiment, stating, “President Trump and I have often said, ‘Peace through strength.’ First comes strength, then comes peace. Tonight, the United States has acted with great strength.”
According to Reuters, an Israeli official told national broadcaster KAN that Israel maintained “full coordination” with the United States during the strikes. U.S. officials confirmed that B-2 stealth bombers were used in the operation — aircraft previously deployed to Guam, a strategic U.S. military base in the Pacific.
Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization (AEOI) condemned the strikes as “barbaric” and criticized the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) for its “silence and complicity.” AEOI has called on the global community to denounce the attack and support Iran’s right to defend its position.
Despite the airstrikes, Iranian state TV’s Deputy Political Director Hassan Abedini claimed that Iran had already emptied the nuclear sites before the attack, thereby avoiding significant damage. “If what Trump said is true, Iran suffered no major losses because the materials were removed beforehand,” he said.
Crisis management officials in Qom confirmed that part of the Fordow facility was hit, while officials in Isfahan reported multiple explosions near Natanz and Isfahan nuclear sites.
Iranian officials have now verified that all three locations named by Trump were indeed targeted. The situation continues to escalate, raising the possibility of further retaliation and drawing widespread international concern.











